Bolts Finish December Without A Regulation Loss
Brayden Point scored 35-seconds into overtime to defeat the Anaheim Ducks by a final score of 2-1 and extended the Tampa Bay Lightnings point streak to 15 games.
The win was the Bolts sixth in a row and they improves to an NHL best record of 31-7-2 (64-points). They are 14-0-1 on their current 15 game point streak and are just 3 games away from tying the franchise mark of 18 straight games with a point (Feb. 5 through March 12, 20014 [14-0-4])
Over their past 19 games they are 17-1-1 and finish the month of December without a regulation loss (13-0-1). It’s the second time in franchise history they’ve completed a month without a loss matching October 2003 (6-0-1).
- Nikita Kucherov opened the game scoring his 19th goal of the year. The goal extended his points streak to 11 games (7-15–22). He has registered at least one point in 21 of his last 22 games dating back to November 15. His 29 points are a Lightning franchise record for points in a month.
- Erik Cernak and Brayden Point each picked up an assist on Kucherov’s goal.
- The assist by Point extends his career-long assist streak to seven straight games (1-9–10). He owns the longest current assist streak in the NHL. He extends his point streak to seven straight games tying his career long (last Feb 12-24, 2018).
- Brayden Point scored the game winning goal 35-seconds into overtime. It was his 5th game winning goal this season and 17th since the beginning of 2017-2018.
- Nikita Kucherov and Victor Hedman picked up assists on Point’s goal.
- The assist by Kucherov was his second point of the game. He has recorded six-consecutive multi-point games and 20 such games this season, the most in the NHL.
Tampa Bay heads to Los Angeles to take on the Kings on Thursday night at 10:30 EST. Anaheim stay home and host the Vegas Golden Knights on Friday night.