Domingue Solid In Net In Win
With the win the Tampa Bay improves to 41-17-3 (85-points) and lead the Boston Bruins by 3-points in the Atlantic Division. The victory marks the teams 21st road win on the season which is one win shy of tying the franchise mark (22) set in 2003-04 and 2006-07.
- Tyler Johnson scored the games first goal. It was his 17th goal of the season and ended a personal 17-game scoreless streak for Johnson.
- Chris Kunitz and Yanni Gourde picked up assists on Johnson’s goal.
Milestone: With his assist, Kunitz picked up his 600th NHL point.
- Gourde extends his point streak to three straight games and he has 14-points (5-9–14) in his last 11 games.
- Victor Hedman scored his ninth goal of the season to put the Lightning up 2-1.
- Nikita Kucherov and Vladislav Namestnikov picked up assists on Hedman’s goal.
- Kucherov picked up a pair of assists on the night and extended his point streak to eight straight games (5-9–13). The two assist give him 80-points (32-48–80) on the season. It’s his second consecutive 80-points season (85 in 2016-2017).
- Vladislav Namestnikov gave the Lightning a 3-1 lead in the second period. It was his 20th goal of the season.
- Nikita Kucherov and and Steven Stamkos each picked up assists on Namestnikov’s goal.
- It was Stamkos’ 45th assist on the season, one shy of his career high (46) set in 2010-11.
- Brayden Point scored with less than a second left in the second period to give the Lightning a 4-1 lead. The goal extends his point streak to six games (4-3–7). He is one game shy of tying the longest point streak in his career set earlier this season.
- Yanni Gourde and Alex Killorn picked up assists on Point’s goal.
- The Lightning finish their three game road trip in Montreal Thursday night against the Canadiens.