Rinne, Predators Hold Off Lightning Attack
Victor Hedman and Nikita Kucherov each scored for Tampa Bay who trailed 3-1 entering the third period and outshot the Predators 14-5 but were unable to notch the game tying goal. Louis Domingue stopped 31-of-34 shots.
The win improves the Predators to 15-5-1 (31-points) on the season and completes a season sweep over Tampa Bay (also won 4-1 over Bolts at Amalie Arena on November 1st).
Tampa Bay falls finishes their four game road trip with a 2-2-0 mark and with the loss they fall to 14-6-1 (29-points) on the season.
- Victor Hedman scored the Bolts first goal giving them their only lead of the night. It was Hedman’s fourth goal of the season. Brayden Point and Erik Cernak picked up assists.
- It was Hedman’s 371st career point ties Vinny Prospal for fifth among Tampa Bay’s all-time scoring list.
- Cernak’s assist represents his first NHL point in his fourth career game.
- Nikita Kucherov scored his eighth goal of the season to cut the Predators lead to 3-2. Brayden Point and Ryan McDonagh picked up assists.
- Nikita Kucherov’s goal gives him 15 points in his last 11 games (5-10–15).
- Brayden Point’s two assist give him 17 points in his last 11 games (8-9–17). It’s his sixth multi-point game in that span.
- Louis Domingue made his fourth straight start in goal.
- Anton Stralman missed his fifth straight game and Cedric Paquette missed the game due to a lower body injury.
Up Next For Bolts:
Tampa Bay returns home for a five game homestand beginning Wednesday night at 7:30 against the Florida Panthers. They will also take on the Chicago Blackhawks, New Jersey Devils, Anaheim Ducks, and Buffalo Sabres to end the month of November.