Lightning Blitz Devils With Four Goals In First Period
Louis Domingue made his seventh straight start and stopped 33-of-35 shots.
For the second straight game, the Bolts scored four times in the opening period forcing the opposition to chase the game. The win improves the Lightning to 17-6-1 (35-points) on the season and they improve to 7-0-0 against Metropolitan Division teams.
The Bolts evened their season series against the Devils at 1-1-0. The two teams have one head to head contest remaining.
Late in the second period, Steven Stamkos got cross checked on left side by Andy Greene as he was attempting shot and skated off the ice in pain. He didn’t even bother to retrieve his stick. He went directly to the locker room but returned to open the third period.
— Joe Smith (@JoeSmithTB) November 26, 2018
- Alex Killorn opened the scoring for the Lightning. It’s his third goal of the season. Mathieu Joseph picked up an assist.
- Brayden Point gave Tampa Bay a 2-0 lead scoring his 16th goal of the season which came on a power play. Nikita Kucherov and Victor Hedman each picked up an assist.
- It was Kucherov’s 124th career power-play point tying Vinny Prospal for 6th place among Tampa Bay’s all-time power-play scoring leaders.
- Tyler Johnson scored his 10th goal of the season giving the Lightning a 3-0 lead. Brayden Point and Nikita Kucherov picked up assists on the goal.
- Cedric Paquette scored his fourth goal of the season giving the Bolts a 4-1 lead. Dan Girardi and Ryan Callahan picked up assists.
- Brayden Point scored an unassisted goal (Devils’ own goal) to give the Bolts a 5-1 lead in the second period.
- Point’s goal and assist give him his 10th multi-point game of the season and fifth in his last six games.
- Kucherov’s pair of assist give him 10 multi-point games on the season, tying him with Brayden Point for the team lead. He also has multi-point games in five of his last six games and extends his consecutive game point streak to six games (2-12–14).
The Lightning continue their homestand Tuesday night against the Anaheim Ducks. The Devils head to South Florida to take on the Florida Panthers Monday night.