Lightning Continue To Strike Down Opposition
Brayden Point, Ondrej Palat, Nikita Kucherov, Steven Stamkos, and Ryan Callahan each scored and Louis Domingue made 30 saves as the Tampa Bay Lightning defeated the Buffalo Sabres 5-3 on Saturday night.
With the win Tampa Bay improves to a NHL best 35-8-2 (72-points). The Lightning improve to 9-1-1 over their past 11 road games. Dating back to December 29th they are a blistering 18-1-1.
- Brayden Point scored the games first goal, it was his 29th goal of the season. It was his eighth goal in his last eight games. Prior to the last eight games, he had gone through a season high seven game scoreless drought spanning from December 8 through 22nd.
- He has recorded at least one point in 11 of his last 12 games (7-12—19) and 23 of his last 26 games (20-22—42).
- Nikita Kucherov and Tyler Johnson each picked up an assist.
- After two Buffalo goals, Ondrej Palat event the match up in the second period scoring his sixth goal of the season Mikhail Sergachev and Victor Hedman each picked up an assist.
- Buffalo took a lead 5:54 into the third period but Nikita Kucherov tied the game at 3-3 scoring his 22nd goal of the season. It was 22nd goal of the season. Steven Stamkos picked up an assist.
- Stamkos scored the game winning goal with just over 5:00 remaining in the game. It was his 24th goal of the season. Kucherov and Victor Hedman each picked up an assist.
- Kucherov’s assist gave him three points (1-2–3) on the night and a total of 75 points in just his 45th game. He has an assist in nine of his last 10 games and 33-of-45 games on the year. He has tallied points in 15 of his last 16 games (10-23–33) and 25 of his last 27 (15-42-57).
- Stamkos finished with a goal and an assist. It was his 24th multi-point game of the season which is second on the team behind Brayden Point’s 28.
- Ryan Callahan scored the Bolts fifth goal, his 5th of the season. Anthony Cirelli and Alex Killorn picked up assist.
- Louis Domingue won his 16th game of the season and 50th game of his career.
Up Next For Lightning:
Tampa Bay will play the back half of their back-to-back games taking on the New York Islanders on Sunday night at 7:00.