Vasilevskiy Records 14th Career Shutout
On Tuesday evening Vasilevskiy stopped all 31 shots he faced as Tampa Bay defeated the Columbus Blue Jackets 4-0.
It was Vasilevski’s second shutout this season and 14th of his career. He’s 8-1-1 since returning from a fractured foot. Over the last two seasons he’s 18-1-2 when playing with two days off between starts.
The Bolts have won eight straight games and 11 of their last 12 at Amalie Arena which was sold out for the 180th straight game (including playoffs). A streak which dates back to the 2014-2015 season.
With the loss, the Blue Jackets fall to 24-15-3 (51-points) on the season. Despite the loss, Columbus is 8-3-1 over their last dozen games.
- Mathieu Joseph scored the games opening goal. It was his 11th goal of the season. Mikhail Sergachev picked up an assist.
- Sergachev has recorded a point in all five of his career games against the Blue Jackets (3-5–7).
- Brayden Point scored the games second goal just 44-seconds after Joseph’s. It was his 25th goal of the season. Nikita Kucherov and Tyler Johnson each picked up assists.
- It was Kucherov’s 50th assist on the season and 70th point. He became the fastest player (43 games) to reach the 70-point mark since Jaromir Jagr accomplished the feat in 38 games back in the 1999-00 season (NHL Public Relations).
- Andrei Vasilevskiy made 17 saves in the second period. A period in which Tampa Bay only registered three shots on goal.
- Nikita Kucherov extended the Lightning lead to 3-0 in the 3rd period scoring his 21st goal on the season. Tyler Johnson and Brayden Point each picked up assists.
- Kucherov’s goal gave him his 21st multi-point game on the season, Brayden Point’s 25th such game, and Tyler Johnson his 19th.
- Brayden Point capped the scoring with his 26th goal of the season. Mikhail Sergachev picked up an assist. It was Point’s seventh 3-point game of the season.
- Sergachev’s assist gave him his second multi-point game on the season.
The Lightning host the Carolina Hurricane’s Thursday night at 7:30. Columbus returns home to take on the Nashville Predators Thursday night at 7:00.