Lightning Need Seven To Defeat Islanders
The Tampa Bay Lightning nearly blew a 4-goal third period lead holding on to defeat the New York Islanders 7-6.
Tweet of the Night: Congratulations To Coach Cooper
— Bryan Burns (@BBurnsNHL) March 23, 2018
- Anthony Cirelli scored the games first goal and added an assist giving him eight points (3-5–8) in his first 10 NHL games.
- Braydon Coburn picked up an assist on Cirelli’s goal and later added an assist on J.T. Miller‘s first goal. It marks his first multi-point game since November 22, 2014 against the Columbus Blue Jackets while he was a member of the Philadelphia Flyers.
- Tyler Johnson notched his 21st goal of the season. He is now one point shy (21-28–49) of a 50-point season. It would be his third 50-point season and first since the 2014-2015 season (72).
- Mikhail Sergachev had a goal and an assist. It was his ninth goal of the season and ends a 39-game scoreless streak. It’s his seventh multi-point game this season and first since March 8th against the New York Rangers.
- Victor Hedman picked up his 14th goal of the season. He’s just two goals shy of his career high (16) set last season. He also added an assist giving him 13 multi-point game this season.
- Brayden Point picked up a goal and a pair of assists. It was his 14th multi-point game of the season and third game with three points.
Milestone: With his 3-point night, Brayden Point passes 100 career points in the NHL (101)
- J.T. Miller scored a pair of goals giving giving him 12 points (7-5–12) in 11 games with the Bolts. Overall, he now has 20-goals on the season.
- Tampa Bay struggled on the penalty kill allowing three goals in five attempts.