Week 9 Fantasy Picks
This is a guideline for beginning players, with some light research for all in this week’s daily fantasy picks. To get your money back you’re looking at about 140 plus points. To hit it big like the people in the commercials, you’ll need 3-4 career-best performances.
Florida Teams Spotlight
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
- Jameis Winston – Limited in practice as he is still nursing that shoulder: NO.
- Doug Martin – Single-digit fantasy points for the first time since returning from suspension: NO.
- Mike Evans – Always a good player but more on the expensive side, the Saints have the 17th ranked pass defense: YES.
- Desean Jackson – Still finding his way. His only 100-yard game came against the Patriots who is dead last in pass defense: TOSS UP
- Cameron Brate and O.J. Howard – The Saints do not yield a lot of fantasy points to tight-ends: NO.
Cincinnati at Jacksonville
- Blake Bortles – NO.
- Leonard Fournette – The price is steep against the 18th ranked defense and Cincy is also 7th in giving up fantasy points to opposing RBs: TOSS-UP.
- Allen Hurns and Marquis Lee – Cheap options but QB is inconsistent: NO.
- Mercedes Lewis – On the cheaper side: NO.
- Jags Defense – One of the more expensive defenses: YES.
Oakland at Miami
- Matt Moore/Jay Cutler – Doesn’t matter who plays: NO.
- Kenyan Drake/Damien Willams – Extremely cheap and will get an increase in touches and targets due to the departure of Jay Ajayi: YES.
- Jarvis Landry – A little steep for his production but a good matchup on Sunday night: TOSS UP.
- Kenny Stills – Really cheap and could reach the end zone – TOSS UP
- Miami Defense – A favorable matchup at home and cheap – YES
Week 9 Bottom-Tier Matchups
Bottom 7 Pass Defenses
(32) New England Patriots –> Idle
(31) Indianapolis vs. Houston –> Players to Target
- Deshawn Watson – Absolutely on fire thus far, though very expensive: Definitely
- DeAndre Hopkins – Pricey, but favorable matchup: Yes
- Will Fuller – Cheaper than Hopkins and on fire since coming back from injury: Definitely
(30) Tampa Bay Bucs at New Orleans –> Players to Target
- Drew Brees: Definitely
- Michael Thomas: YES
- Ted Ginn: TOSS UP
- Alvin Kamara/Mark Ingram: RBs but 2nd and 3rd in targets on the Saints: TOSS UP
(29) Buffalo Bills at New York Jets –> Players to Target
- Josh McCown: Sneaky sleeper and very cheap: TOSS UP
- Robby Anderson: NO
- Jermaine Kearse: NO
(28) Kansas City Chiefs vs. Dallas –> Players to Target
- Dak Prescott – Favorable matchup, more passing with Zeke Elliot gone: Yes
- Dez Bryant – Not a whole lot of production, will get an increase of targets: TOSS UP
- Jason Witten – Increase in targets due to Zeke being gone: TOSS UP
(27) New York Giants vs. LA Rams –> Players to Target
- Jared Goff – Favorable matchup but on the road: TOSS UP
- Todd Gurley – Leads team in receptions: Definitely
- Robert Woods/Cooper Kupp – Both Cheap options with a favorable matchup: TOSS UP
(26) Philadelphia Eagles vs. Denver –> Players to Target
- Brock Osweiler – Dirt Cheap with a favorable matchup: TOSS UP
- Demaryius Thomas – Yes
- Emmanuel Sanders – A season to forget thus far, maybe more production with new QB: 50/50
Bottom 7 Run Defenses
- (32) Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati –> Joe Mixon – Bengals main ball carrier: Yes
- (31) LA Chargers –> Idle
- (30) Baltimore Ravens at Tennessee –> Demarko Murray/Derrick Henry – Both are viable options: TOSS UP
- (29) San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona –> Adrian Peterson – The Cardinals biggest playmaker: Definitely
- (28) Kansas City Chiefs at Dallas –> Alfred Morris – Will get the workload while Elliot is out: YES
- (27) New York Jets vs. Buffalo –> LeSean McCoy: Definitely
- (26) Green Bay Packers –> Idle
- The Lock – Deshaun Watson (HOU) vs. The Colts: Though very expensive, Watson will have another big day.
- The Sleeper – Jacoby Brissett (IND) vs. The Texans: the Colts will try to keep pace with the Texans offense and pass for big yards in the process.
- The Value Pick – Brock Osweiler (DEN) vs. The Eagles: The Broncos will be losing on the road, Osweiler will have 35+ attempts.
- The Lock – LeSean McCoy (PHI) vs. The Jets: McCoy has a big day on Thursday night.
- The Sleeper – Adrian Peterson (ARI) vs. The 49ers: Peterson will gain 100+ yards and a score.
- The Value Pick – Kenyan Drake or Damien Williams (MIA) vs. The Raiders: Both will see an increased workload and his price point is too good to pass up.
- The Lock – Hopkins/Fuller (HOU) vs. The Colts: These two receivers will have big games do a very favorable matchup.
- The Sleeper – Devin Funchess (CAR) His targets will increase due to the departure of Kelvin Benjamin.
- The Value Pick – John Brown (ARI) Vs. The 49ers: Brown will have a lot of one-on-one matchup opportunities.
- The Lock – Travis Kelce (KAN) vs. The Cowboys: Very reliable and not too expensive.
- The Sleeper – Evan Engram (NYG) vs. The Rams: Engram has blossomed in the past two weeks.
- The Value Pick – Jason Witten (DAL) vs. The Chiefs: Will get more targets due to Elliott’s departure.
Defense: If you have the funds: Jags, Eagles, or Texans. If not, Dolphins or Cardinals.
Kickers: If you have the funds: Harrison Butker (KAN) or Ryan Succup (TEN). If not, pick the best option.